Phoenix Community Centre, opposite The Level
Parent & toddler yoga is a great way to support yourself physically and emotionally as a parent, and you can bring your toddler too.
- Reconnect: ground yourself. Toddlers benefit greatly from seeing parents practise yoga and meditation – it helps model how to cope with and ease stress.
- Rebuild: strengthen, stretch and tone, and increase physical and emotional flexibility to help handle the demands of family life.
- Increase energy levels: postural awareness and breath work can help create more vitality.
- Community: meet other like-minded parents
- And breathe: yoga classes are a great way to centre and focus, find space and to experience just being amidst all that constant doing.
- Shift self-perception: yoga helps you recognise that nothing is static, so emotional and physical sensations are constantly moving. This can help us to deal with the challenges of parenthood.
- Enjoy! yoga classes are light, fun and relaxing, setting you up for the day ahead. Toddlers can play or join is as they like. Always advisable to bring a favourite (quiet!) toy and a snack too.
I have been teaching parents and children for nearly a decade now and am passionate about using yoga to help improve people’s experience of parenting.
Cost: £10 drop in (older siblings most welcome during the holidays, £2 extra per child)