Thursdays, 11-12pm, Brighton Natural Health Centre.
Post-natal Mama & baby yoga is a great way to support yourself physically and emotionally during the transition into motherhood.
- Reconnect: ground yourself in your new role as Mama.
- Rebuild: muscle tone and flexibility to help handle the physical demands of caring for your baby.
- Ease: strengthen, stretch and tone to help restore your post-partum body and to ease aches and pains from carrying and feeding
- Increase energy levels: postural awareness and breath work can help create more vitality.
- Release stress: Routine exercise may help prevent and can positively help with postpartum depression (Norman et al. 2010)
- Community: meet other like-minded mamas
- And breathe: yoga classes are a great way to centre and focus, find space and to experience just being amidst all that constant doing.
- Baby benefits: calm, connected Mama, in tune with her intuition, is better able to listen and respond to baby’s needs, as well as modelling ways of coping with and reducing stress.
- Shift self-perception: yoga helps you recognise that nothing is static, so emotional and physical sensations are constantly moving. This can help us to deal with the challenges of motherhood.
- Enjoy! yoga classes are light, fun and relaxing, setting you up for the day ahead.
Whatever birth you experienced, post-natal yoga is ideal, and is best started after you have had your 4-6 week check.
I have been teaching mothers and babies for nearly a decade now and am passionate about using yoga to help improve people’s experience of parenting.
Cost: £66.50 for 7 class block, starting when baby is 6 weeks until toddling. Book classes.